Various types of cardiac and vascular pathologies are considered the most common among the serious diseases affecting modern humans. Most of them are based on the development of serious malfunctions in the work and functioning of the body. One of these diseases is varicose veins, which is based on excessive blood filling of certain areas of blood vessels and veins. This pathology is quite serious, it gives a person a lot of inconvenience and discomfort, and also causes various complications. To avoid them, you need to carefully study the question of how varicose veins are treated with folk remedies at home.
The solution to this issue is an important matter, you need to know what to do with varicose veins at home in order to avoid serious health problems. Despite the fact that the disease is often found in older people, it is more and more often faced by younger people. This is especially true for those who spend a lot of time on their feet or lead a sedentary lifestyle.
When the first signs of a disease appear, it is not necessary to immediately take medications, a quick positive result can be achieved if you organize and carry out competent treatment with home remedies. In order to maintain your health for a long time, it is worth studying the main causes of the problem, and also knowing what preventive measures exist.
The main causes of the appearance of pathology
Veins and blood vessels in the human body are smooth muscles, which tend to move with their own contraction. Due to the fact that there is no standard musculature in the arteries, the process of blood movement is somewhat different from other natural processes. The return of blood volume to the heart muscles is prevented by the elementary gravitational force. To overcome it, nature has specially placed the veins - in the immediate vicinity of the muscles. They work and simultaneously affect the vessels, completely eliminating stagnation and other pathological phenomena.
Low physical activity significantly reduces the blood flow rate in the legs, which automatically leads to bloating of the veins. In addition to a sedentary life, among the causes of varicose veins, the following factors can be noted:
- Decreased contraction of the leg muscles due to inactivity.
- Staying on the legs for a long time causes severe tension in the vein valves. This is typical for sellers and hairdressers.
- Hereditary predisposition to the chronic form of varicose veins.
- Decreased amount of essential nutrients contained in the vessels, leading to their general weakening.
- People are tall, because they often lack natural resources to supply blood up to the heart.
- Female. Their body contains progesterone, which reduces the general tone of the vein walls.
- Various problems with the nervous system, which seriously complicates the process of transmitting nerve signals.
- Serious alcohol abuse, which automatically leads to excessive enlargement and dilation of blood vessels and veins.
There is one more provoking, but rather controversial factor - representatives of the white human race most often suffer from varicose veins.
Disease Signs and Symptoms
Varicose blood vessels and veins can be identified by every person. Anyone can determine the signs of this disease, especially in its advanced state. Among the main characteristic clinical signs are the following:
- Strong expansion of superficial veins. They take on a dark blue-black hue and sinuous shape;
- Legs begin to swell a little, often right after heavy exertion;
- Convulsive phenomena and pain in the calf area appear;
- Lumps and various allergic rashes form in the lower leg area;
- A constant feeling of heaviness appears in the legs. This is especially felt in the areas of swollen nodes.
At the beginning of the pathology, a slight swelling of the veins is observed, which often goes unnoticed. For this reason, the patient does not go to the doctor and thereby starts his disease.
The modern pharmaceutical market offers a large number of drugs, but they should be used when the pathology progresses. At the initial stage, it is quite possible to do with folk remedies, organizing the treatment of varicose veins on the legs at home.
Basic methods of treatment
Varicose veins or varicose veins can be cured without medication. To achieve a positive effect, it is enough to understand the basic principles of pathology. The disease manifests itself due to a lack of essential vitamins and useful elements in the venous walls. There is also too much stress on natural venous valves.
There is no special panacea for this disease. There is no such pill, after taking which one could completely get rid of the problem.
To obtain a positive result, a strictly integrated approach is required. This will seriously improve your health, as well as create the basis for full recovery.
Rational proper nutrition
Human life and optimal body functioning depend on the elements that come with food and drink. A person very often builds his diet on harmful food products, forgetting about such useful substances that should enter the body. This is a balanced amount of fats, proteins, as well as macro and important micronutrients. To get them, you need to fill your diet with the following important foods:
- All possible fruits and vegetables. Cabbage, apples, all types of citrus fruits, berries - currants, cranberries and others - are natural sources of minerals that are beneficial to health and equally important vitamins.
- Foods rich in all types of proteins, as well as calcium. This is a variety of fermented milk products, in particular kefir or cottage cheese.
- Porridge based on oats, common buckwheat, wheat - they contain useful potassium for the body, as well as sodium and magnesium.
These are all important elements involved in structuring the vein walls. The vessels become strong and elastic, all manifestations of developing varicose veins are gradually eliminated.
Along with important and necessary products, there are several of these, the consumption of which will have to be seriously limited. You can not drink large amounts of strong coffee, alcohol. It is worth forgetting about smoked and harmful canned foods, about a large amount of sugar and salt, and you also need to exclude very fatty and fried foods. It is advisable to replace all this with simple, boiled or stewed dishes.
Traditional methods of therapy
Treatment of varicose veins by various means of alternative therapy has been practiced for several centuries. You can cope with the disease through a variety of infusions, decoctions and compresses. With their correct application, you can quickly get rid of all manifestations of the disease and its development.
Each therapy method is worth examining in more detail.
The main agent in the process of obtaining active nutrients from plants is alcohol or vodka. A liquid with a high degree is able to quickly draw out useful substances from plants, preserve and enhance their main action. Here are two of the most effective recipes that many use in the treatment of chronic varicose veins:
- Kalanchoe leaves should be mixed with alcohol or vodka in a one-to-one ratio. All this is infused for a week, preferably in a dark place. You need to rub your feet with the prepared tincture for about a month.
- It is required to take 50 grams of inflorescences of a horse chestnut sold in a pharmacy, fill them with a liter of medical alcohol and leave to infuse for two weeks. While waiting for the preparation of the medicine, you need to shake it every day. As soon as the composition is ready, it will need to be put in the refrigerator and consumed inside 2 tablespoons three times over the course of one week. The medicine must be taken for 7 days. After that, a five-day break is organized, and the course is repeated again.
Water can also be used to prepare the medicine, but it will no longer be a tincture, but the infusion and effectiveness of the medicine will be slightly lower.
The following recipes can be used as an effective decoction for varicose veins. It's not difficult to prepare them, just follow these steps:
- Two tablespoons of nettle are poured with a glass of boiling water and infused for half an hour. The resulting broth must be consumed one quarter of a glass three times a day. The total treatment time is one month.
- It is required to grind 100 grams of nutmeg, pour a glass of boiling water over them. You need to wait a little for cooling to about 50 degrees and add a spoonful of honey. The first dose of the decoction is taken one hour before breakfast, and then every two hours all subsequent doses are taken. In this mode, the broth should be consumed for a month.
Similar to the nutmeg recipe, you can make calendula infusion. Here you need to take 30 grams of the plant as a basis.
Compress therapy is most effective in eliminating the signs of varicose veins. This method is quite popular and is often used simultaneously with other methods of modern and traditional therapy. Among the several options for compresses are the following:
- Tomatoes are not only a very useful product for humans, but also an ideal remedy to fight varicose veins. To make a tomato compress, you will need to cut a vegetable and attach it to a sore vein. The tomato is fixed with gauze and elastic bandage and kept for two hours;
- Compress based on pussy willow is similarly performed. To obtain it, you need to grind a little young shoots of the plant and attach to the affected area. It is required to keep such a compress for 3-4 hours, and repeat this manipulation every day without any time limit, that is, until cured;
- The juice of fresh fern is often used in folk medicine. It relieves varicose veins quickly enough, but you need to cook it correctly. A small amount of juice should be mixed with an equal volume of sour milk, moistened with cheesecloth and applied to a swollen vein;
- White cabbage leaves should be treated with ordinary, inexpensive laundry soap, and a small amount of baking soda should be sprinkled on the skin. After this procedure, the sheet is attached to the leg with a regular bandage and left overnight;
- Potato peelings are the best remedy for varicose veins. They will need to be boiled, cooled and applied to the leg. You need to walk with such a compress for several hours;
- A compress of chamomile and bitter wormwood helps. Both of these components can be used. This is an ideal remedy for the early stages of the disease. To prepare a medical compress, you will need to take a couple of teaspoons of a previously dried and crushed plant, then pour boiling water over them and let it brew for 30 minutes. The resulting infusion should be moistened with gauze, and then applied to areas with diseased veins for about two hours.
These are all fairly effective and easy to prepare recipes. If you approach the issue of treating veins with folk remedies, you can quickly get a lasting positive result.
Applying Apple Cider Vinegar
To beat varicose veins at home, use apple cider vinegar compresses and rubbing. Experts advise using a strictly complex treatment with this composition. A feature of this treatment is the ability to apply vinegar not only externally, but also internally. With the right approach, a positive result will appear quickly enough.
To make a solution for internal use, follow these steps:
- You need to take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar;
- Dilute vinegar with a glass of water;
- It is required to use the resulting solution three times a day and strictly before meals.
To enhance the action and effect, you can use foot baths and compresses with vinegar. If we are talking about a bath with apple cider vinegar, then it should be just a bath, not basins of water. Cool water is drawn into the bath to about knees, 0. 5 liters of vinegar is added there and everything is thoroughly mixed. Feet in the resulting solution needs to be held for about 5 minutes, no more. You do not need to wipe, they should dry on their own and it is advisable to do this in a position where the legs are slightly raised up.
As a supplement, rub your feet with apple cider vinegar before bed. After such a procedure, it is advisable not to wipe your feet, but to let them dry naturally.
What should you avoid?
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs will give a positive result only with careful adherence to the prescribed dosage and the correct lifestyle. However, there are some situations in which the positive effect will not appear in its entirety.
This is based on various factors that negatively affect the legs in life. Among them, one can note too serious loads in everyday life, as well as in the gym. All this creates difficult conditions conducive to the progression of the disease. It is imperative to control the time of work and leisure.
Excess weight, which puts constant pressure on the legs, has a particularly detrimental effect. Very often, it is enough to simply reduce weight in order to normalize the condition of the legs and blood vessels, as well as the whole body as a whole.
Experts with varicose veins prohibit sessions of canned massage, as well as honey. These procedures seriously aggravate the overall situation. If a person takes certain hormonal drugs, it is imperative to inform the doctor about this. Another important point is high-heeled shoes, it is better for women to refuse them.
If there is a tendency to develop varicose veins by occupation, if there is a hereditary predisposition, it is worth taking into account certain prevention rules. Here are the most basic ones:
- No need to get carried away with hot baths, saunas, and long-term sun exposure. All this reduces the tone of the veins and leads to congestion in the legs;
- Need to move more. This greatly strengthens the veins and also improves the blood circulation process. Moderate, without overstrain, jogging, aerobics and swimming, will quickly heal all blood vessels and veins;
- It is important to reduce weight in all possible ways, as people who are overweight very often suffer from varicose veins. Overweight people have more blood flowing in their vessels than people with normal weight. You need to lose weight and try to maintain your weight in a normal state throughout your life;
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing, or socks or stockings with over-tightening cuffs. These things forcefully tighten the veins, which will further aggravate the situation;
- It is worth alternating the type of activity evenly, being in one position for a long time is very harmful;
- You can't cross your legs! Thus, a serious obstacle to the normal natural blood flow is created;
- The cause of varicose veins is very often daily long-term standing and prolonged sitting. In this case, you need to change body position from time to time, do minor exercises or walks after work;
- If you don't have the time and desire to do daily exercises, you can use the minimum program. In the morning after waking up and before going to bed, you need to twirl your feet and toes in different directions for 5 minutes. This will significantly improve the general circulation in the legs;
- After a long work, when you come home you should pour cold water on your feet. A similar procedure should also be carried out after taking a bath or shower. This will keep the veins and blood vessels in good shape.
If varicose veins, as a disease, do not yet exist, if there is only a predisposition to it, a small self-massage will be a unique preventive measure. The essence of this procedure consists in soft stroking, as well as kneading the legs in the direction of the bottom and up.
If varicose veins are already progressing, massage measures are categorically contraindicated.
If after a working day you feel constant fatigue, you should keep your legs in an elevated position during rest and even during sleep. Simply place a small pillow or roller underneath them. If the work activity is associated with long-term sitting at the desk, it is worth changing the general position of the legs as often as possible, and also from time to time make simple movements - rotation of the feet and step in place.
There are several sports that are very useful and are the optimal prevention of varicose veins. This includes activities and categories such as walking, jogging, skiing and cycling.
Varicose veins are quite a serious disease. At the first sign of it, you should immediately consult a doctor and discuss with him acceptable treatment options at home. Careful adherence to the advice given to them and a change in lifestyle will allow you to quickly defeat a disease that has just begun. Neglect of the rules can lead to serious complications, which can only be eliminated by surgery.