Is it possible to remove veins if they are enlarged due to varicose veins? Many want to get rid of ugly veins, because they not only look ugly, but are also dangerous. There are many methods for this.
Treatment of varicose veins without surgery is possible, but you need to prepare for the fact that it will be long and difficult. The methods of therapy are chosen by the doctor based on the results of the examinations and the individual characteristics of the person.
The causes of varicose veins
Varicose veins are a dangerous and unpleasant disease that is difficult to treat at a late stage of development.
The reasons for the development of pathology can be as follows:
- poor nutrition, overweight;
- venous valves are completely missing or damaged;
- hereditary predisposition;
- taking certain medications, for example, which contain hormones;
- weak venous walls from birth;
- sedentary lifestyle, most often it concerns office workers.
Varicose veins can appear during pregnancy. The thing is that during this period the veins in the small pelvis are compressed. Return blood flow to the lower extremities becomes difficult, as a result of which the veins expand and overflow with blood.
Symptoms of pathology
At an early stage of development, symptoms may be absent, subsequently patients may observe the following symptoms:
- there is a feeling of heaviness in the legs, pain occasionally occurs;
- veins on the legs become convoluted, dark blue or purple in color, so-called spider veins appear;
- legs get tired quickly even with a sedentary lifestyle;
- in the ankle area, brown spots, uneven shade;
- cramps appear in the leg muscles;
- ulcerative defects appear on the skin of the legs or in the area of the joints;
- swelling, acute pain at the site of venous injury;
- veins become thick.
When the first signs of varicose veins appear, patients are advised to visit a phlebologist. In the absence of timely treatment, an inflammatory process, thrombophlebitis, ulcers, eczema and other dangerous diseases can develop.
When certain symptoms appear, patients must go to a medical facility for an examination:
- In the area of the sore limb, the pain is unbearable. Some patients report that they cannot get out of bed and even take a few steps.
- The skin in the affected area becomes hot, swells, and on palpation there is a compaction.
- Discoloration, the skin becomes bluish or red.
- Weakening of the general condition, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing.
- Bleeding opens from the areas affected by varicose veins.
Each symptom is dangerous in its own way, in order to avoid complications, you should immediately visit the hospital.
Treatment of varicose veins in the legs without surgery can be carried out using compression garments. The basis of therapy is the creation of pressure in the lower extremities. Venous circulation improves, valve function is restored.
Numerous unpleasant sensations can be eliminated with the help of therapy: cramps, swelling, etc.
- excess liquid is removed;
- venous pressure in the legs decreases several times;
- joints become more mobile;
- blood flow rate increases.
Compression garments are prescribed by a doctor.
Indications for therapy
This method can significantly ease the course of the disease and improve the patient's condition.
Indications for such treatment:
- blood stagnates, its outflow is poor;
- gouty arthritis;
- stars on the legs;
- complications after surgery.
Such methods of treating varicose veins without surgery are effective, but you need to be prepared for the fact that they may not always be used.
The following can be attributed to contraindications:
- blood permeability is impaired in the lower extremities;
- tissue damage: infections, inflammation;
- venous thrombosis;
- development of a disease such as heart failure.
Due to all these contraindications, compression garments should never be used.
Compression action is a necessary measure used both for the treatment and prevention of varicose veins. Bandages are applied after operations, as well as before they are performed. A certain pressure is created on the limb, due to which the blood can fully circulate and not stagnate.
In order to wrap a limb well, you need at least five meters of material. All manipulations are carried out in the supine position; someone must help the patient. Keep your toes free and your heels and feet closed.
The degree of tension should be medium, otherwise the leg will start to go numb. At the end, the bandage is fixed with a paper clip. At night, he is removed, the legs at this time are resting and breathing.
You can replace the elastic bandage with special stockings. They affect problem areas in a similar way.
As a result, you can achieve the following result:
- puffiness is removed;
- improves venous outflow;
- veins narrow in diameter;
- the symptoms of varicose veins become less pronounced;
- further progression of the disease will be suspended.
You can wear stockings both as a prophylaxis and for the treatment of varicose veins. In comparison with a bandage, they are more convenient, but they are much more expensive. For best results, wear stockings in the morning and take them off at night.
Important!They should fit the surface of the leg, in order to avoid irritation, a moisturizer is pre-applied.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins without surgery? It is difficult to get rid of the disease completely, but by performing a complex of many measures, you can maintain a high standard of living.
Most patients are prescribed phletobonics. The course of treatment and dosage is determined by the doctor, depending on the severity of the development of the disease.
Non-surgical removal of varicose veins is thus possible. Symptoms will be stopped, the patient will be able to lead a full life.
Methods of treating varicose veins without surgery involve a radical change in lifestyle. Many factors can provoke poor circulation in the legs: excessive physical activity, a sedentary lifestyle, bad habits, and so on. In order to restore vascular tone, a lot will have to be changed.
To do this, follow a short instruction:
- Normalize your physical activity. Yoga, walking, fitness without much power load, all this narrows the venous lumen and tones the vessels. If the lumen decreases, the valve will be able to adhere to the walls of the vessels tightly, thereby preventing backflow. In the early stages of the disease, exercise is essential.
- Organize rest and work. If you cannot avoid being on your feet for a long time, it is recommended from time to time to sit down and lift your legs up. Through regular muscle contraction, vascular tone will be increased.
- Do not abuse bad habits. If the patient smokes and drinks soon, it will not be possible to avoid the operation.
Pay special attention to nutrition. When a person decides to treat varicose veins without surgery, what kind of food he eats plays an important role.
Foods to be excluded from the diet:
- carbonated drinks;
- pastries, sweet;
- smoked and fried foods.
You can replace sweets and cookies with honey, or better with dried fruits. There are also other foods that should not be excluded, but rather eat as much as possible: seafood. They contain a lot of copper, which in turn has a tonic effect.
Hirudotherapy for varicose veins
How to cure varicose veins without surgery? Recently, the treatment of the disease with leeches has been actively practiced.
Their benefits are as follows:
- has anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effect;
- blood microcirculation improves;
- rheological properties of blood are improved;
- improvement of cellular metabolism.
Substances contained in leech saliva prevent blood clotting, platelets cannot adhere to the vascular wall. This improves cell metabolism.
After the leeches are placed at the site of the lesion, enzymes begin to flow, they are aimed at strengthening the walls of blood vessels. The inflammatory process is removed, the walls of the vessels become more elastic.
The positive side of bloodletting must be kept in mind. This process renews the bloodstream, tissue and organ nutrition improves.
Interesting!Where the leeches stick themselves. They simulate energy meridians.
How are the procedures going
In order to cure varicose veins with leeches, you need to undergo a course of treatment, consisting of at least seven procedures. For greater efficiency and consolidation of the result, it is recommended to repeat the therapy periodically, at least three times a year.
There is no need to harvest instant results. The body must respond to treatment, only after that the regeneration process will start. Leeches are staggered on each side of the diseased vein, the maximum distance from it is three centimeters.
The number of leeches on one leg should not exceed ten. The duration of the procedure, oddly enough, is controlled and determined not by the doctor, but by the leeches themselves. As soon as the time comes, they begin to detach from the skin. As practice shows, the procedure lasts at least half an hour.
At the end of the session, a bandage is applied to the affected area, after which the doctor gives recommendations on how to care for the wounds correctly. Before the next procedure, you need to fully rest.
It should be noted that leeches are aimed at stimulating the whole organism, it rejuvenates. Patients feel much better, skin tone and elasticity improve.
The all-round effect allows the use of leeches not only for treatment, but also as a prophylaxis. However, it must be taken into account, despite the effectiveness of hirudotherapy, there are some contraindications.
The following can be attributed to them:
- there is a tendency to develop bleeding;
- women are carrying a baby;
- general condition is weakened;
- there are blood diseases;
- a person does not tolerate leeches due to individual characteristics.
In addition, you need to remember that only an experienced doctor can perform the procedure. The leeches must be medical, after one use they are destroyed.
Every patient should know how to get rid of varicose veins without surgery, the price of many methods is quite acceptable, which means they can be safely used. It is important to lead a healthy lifestyle, eat well, and drink enough fluids. Only with a careful attitude to your health can you avoid the development of many unpleasant diseases.